Be sure to see the Parish Calendar posted on the Home Page for more upcoming events.
September 21: St. Vincent de Paul Society Pasta Dinner at St. Francis Xavier Hall (Saturday)
- Dinner will be served from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Tickets are $10.00 for adults, $5.00 for children 5-12. Under 5 is free! Tickets available at the door or call the church office during work hours at 519-682-1102. Proceeds to help those in need in our local community.
September 21: Reaume Funeral Home Open House 1:00-4:00 pm.
- Come to see the newly renovated business and join the celebration of 50 years of business.
September 26: 1st Confession & Communion: Registration and Information meeting 7:00 pm:
- in St. Francis Xavier Hall . This evening is FOR PARENTS ONLY. Please bring the baptismal certificate of your child with you to registration night.
- If your child attends Ecole St. Francis and would prefer for your child to receive 1st Communion in French, you may register them with Paroisse de la Visitation Parish in Comber (Tuesday, September 24 at 7:00 pm) OR at Immaculee Conception in Pain Court (Contact Louise Roy at 519-351-8883) for First Communion.
September 28: Social Committee Auction.
- As you are house cleaning this spring, put aside slightly used items and could be used for an auction held on Saturday, September 28. This event includes a ham and potato dinner.
For tickets at $12.00 each, contact Donna Bourdeau at 519-682-3869, Sharon Sims at 519-682-9706, Theresa Gadal at 519-682-1274, Helen McAuliffe at 519-682-2230, Lynda Montminy at 519-682-2844, Kathy McDonald at 519-682-1011 or the church office at 519-682-1102.
We will start collecting items in July. Drop off will be in the church basement. We will not be accepting sofas, mattresses, large appliances, luggage, clothing or barbecues. For more information, call Kathy McDonald (519-682-1011) or the church office (519-682-1102)
September 28: Visitation Parish Bazaar: Click on link below for details.
October 6: Life Chain: Anti-Abortion Gathering. See poster below for details
October 10: Alpha Series Begins! See below for dates and topics: 6:00pm
- Thursday, October 10: Is there more to life than this? All evening sessions are 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Thursday, October 17: Who is Jesus?
- Thursday, October 24: Why did Jesus die?
- Friday, November 1: How can I have faith?
- Thursday, November 7: Why and How do I pray?
- Thursday, November 14: Why and How should I read the Bible?
- Thursday, November 21: How does God guide us?
- Alpha Saturday Away: November 23 at St. Peter’s on the Thames: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm: Who is the Holy Spirit, What does the Holy Spirit Do? How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit? How can I make the Most of the Rest of my Life?
- Thursday, November 28: Wrap up: Why and How Should I tell Others.
October 19: Chatham Kent CWL Event:
October 20: Knights of Columbus Dinner Dance and Elimination Draw.
- Doors open at 4:00 pm, Dinner is 6:30 till 9:00. Tickets are $25 each and all proceeds to go to St. Francis Xavier Building Fund. Only 250 tickets sold. Posters are on the doors of the church for more information.
October 20: St. Francis Fundraiser:
- PAINT * POUR * PUMPKINS FUNDRAISER for St. Francis Xavier Parish in Tilbury. Sunday October 20th : 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
$15 (light snack provided) ALL ages welcome! Bring your own small-medium size pumpkin.
Paint a Cool Design or Do an Abstract Pour on your pumpkin. You MUST signup and pay by Oct. 13th, at the church office or by emailing email@example.com.
October 24: Annual Bishop’s Dinner: Click on link below for details.
October 25: St. Francis Fundraiser
- FUNDRAISER : 3ft Reversible Sign Friday October 25th : 6:30pm-8:30pm $40 1 side or $50 2 sided. You MUST signup by Oct. 15th.
Choose your Design(s) from the ones listed. Customize your Sign by adding your Family Name or Unique Wording.
(See Details on Poster attached). Register at the Church office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 5: St. Francis Fundraiser
- DIY CHRISTMAS DECOR THURS. DEC 5th : 6:30pm-8:30pm Various prices (See attached poster) Various Designs & Items (See attached poster)
You MUST signup and pay by Nov. 25th at the Church Office or by emailing email@example.com.
2020 Cursillo Weekends at Blessed Sacrament Church in Chatham:
For more information, contact Rita Breault at 519-358-2771
Men’s Weekend: January 23-26
Women’s Weekend: February 6-9
May 2: Annual May Dessert Tea hosted by CWL. Everyone welcome
May 7: Grief Share begins again. See the Bereavement Ministry page for more dates and information
May 9: Planning meeting for Parish Picnic 6:30 pm at St. Peter’s Church. Please join us to help plan this family event for our Parish.
May 10: CANCELLED due to flooding in Lousianna. Tickets will be refunded or kept for rescheduled date.
ABUNDANCE: An Evening of Prayer, Adoration and Worship featuring Katie Prejean-McGrady 7:00 pm-10:00 pm at St. Francis Xavier Parish
tickets are $5 in advance, $8 at the door, purchased at St. Francis Xavier office or by contacting Katherine Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org
May 12: Mothers’ Day Brunch at Knights of Columbus in Tilbury. 10:00 till 1:00
May 15: Annual Lectors’ Meeting at 7:30 pm at St. Peter’s Church for all Lectors for St. Francis and St. Peter’s. You are kindly asked to attend.
May 24: Parish Appreciation Gathering: for all Volunteers at our Parish.
June 1: Parish Yard Sale starting at 8:00 am.
June 5: CWL Potluck Dinner starting at 6:00 pm with meeting following.
June 9: Parish Cluster Picnic
June 9: 20th Anniversary Celebration at the Shrine 3:00 pm
June 22: Retirement Mass & Dinner for Fr. Champagne: at Visitation Parish. Mass at 5:00 followed by Dinner. Tickets are $30.00 catered by Koolini’s with Cash Bar. Call 519-687-3118 or Angela at 519-809-4165 for tickets. (Advance tickets only!)
June 23: Open House for Fr. Champagne at Visitation Parish following each Mass (9:00 am and 11:00 am) until 3:00 pm.
June 23: Cemetery Sunday at St. Francis Xavier Cemetery at 1:00 pm. Bring a lawn chair.
July 10: Diocesan CWL Retreat Day Our Lady of the Rosary Shrine, Merlin
July 8-12: ROAR! Vacation Bible Camp hosted by Visitation Parish, St. Francis Xavier & St. Peter’s.
August 6: Grief Share get together for both groups at 1:00 pm in Upper Meeting Room at St. Francis Church
August 17: Art in Memorial Park 10:00 am to 6:00 pm – a family friendly event with crafters and BBQ
September 6: Alliance of the Two Hearts of Jesus and Mary – All night reparation prayer vigil at Our Lady of Victory Church
September 12: St. Mary’s Church Blenheim BUS TRIP
September 13: Confirmation Parent Information & Registration Meeting: 7:00 pm
September 17: Come, ‘ REDISCOVER YOUR FAITH ‘ !
- If you are troubled or have questions about the Catholic Faith or want to journey deeper into a relationship with Jesus, come join us at St. Francis Parish Church on Tuesdays starting the evening of September 17th from 7-9 p.m. in the Upper Meeting Room on the 4th Floor and ‘ REDISCOVER YOUR FAITH ‘. The 14 weeks of the first session will cover the truths of the Catholic Faith, where does the Faith come from, how does the Faith work and where will the Faith take you. Please join us, bring a friend, share in a safe and peaceful community atmosphere to ‘ REDISCOVER YOUR FAITH ‘.